Effective Date: January 1st, 2017
- The website https://carrycarpool.com/ (the “Website”);
- Our mobile service (the “Service”);
- Our mobile application(s) we offer in connection with the Service (the “App”); and
- Any email, text and other electronic communications between you and Carry.
- Information we collect offline, on any other apps or websites, including websites you may access through the App, or by any other means (such as through other websites or services we may offer); and
- Information provided to or collected by our affiliates or any other third parties, which may have their own privacy policies, that may be accessed through the Website, Service, and App.
What information does Carry collect?
- Location Information. We also collect information about your geographic location from you or your device, including your country, region, city, zip code, street address, time zone, latitude, longitude, and horizontal position representation information (“Location Information”). Note, however, that opting out of the App’s collection of location information by selecting this option in your account or through your device’s settings will cause its location-based features to be disabled and that certain parts or features of the App and the Services may be unavailable.
- Transaction Information: We collect transaction details related to your use of our Services, including the type of service requested, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and other related transaction details. Additionally, if someone uses your promo or invitational code, we may associate your name with that person.
- Social Information. We may also collect information about you from various third party services (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and others) through their applicable APIs or otherwise (“Social Information”).
- Tracking and Do Not Track Signals. We may use the Website, the App and the Service to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, applications or other online services (“Tracking Information”). Your web browser, application platform or device may allow you to opt-out of our collection of Tracking Information by selecting a “do not track” (or similar) setting. However, we do not currently have processes to address those settings or other “do not track” requests, and consequently, cannot guarantee that we will honor such requests. If you do not want us to collect this information, do not use the Website, the App or the Service.
- Order Information and Other Information you Voluntarily Disclose. Certain features of the Service and the App are designed to display information that you choose to provide to other users (such as messages between you and the driver offering the ride). Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose information by ordering products or otherwise providing such information through the Service or the App (including, for example, if you provide building or security codes to a driver), that information can be seen by those users or third parties to whom you send that information. We require drivers to maintain the confidentiality of such information and agree not to use it except as necessary to perform pick-up or drop off at requested location. However, we are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information you choose to submit in connection with these features.
Please keep in mind that if you disclose Personal Information in a public manner whether through collaborative postings, message boards or other public online forums, this information may be collected and used by others. We do not monitor or collect information you disclose inside online public forums, nor do we accept any liability associated with your voluntary disclosure of same. Please also keep in mind that the Website, Services, and/or the App may contain links to other websites or apps. You are responsible for reviewing the privacy statements and policies of those other websites you choose to link to or from the Website, Services, and/or the App, so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and store your information. We are not responsible for the privacy statements, policies or content of other websites or apps, including websites you link to or from the Website, Services, and/or the App. Websites containing co-branding (referencing our name and a third party’s name) contain content delivered by the third party and not us.
How does Carry use this Information?
We may use your Information, including your Personal Information, as follows:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Website, Services and/or the App, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to users and drivers, develop safety features, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages;
- Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Website, Services and/or the App; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
- Send or facilitate communications (i) between you and a driver, or (ii) between you and a contact of yours at your direction in connection with your use of certain features, such as referrals or invites;
- Personalize and improve the Website, Services and/or the App, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements.
- For transportation fulfillment and billing purposes.
- To enable you to participate in interactive features of the Website, Services and/or the App (such as communications with drivers)
- To provide software updates, product support, product enhancements and other services to you related to the Service, the App and the Website.
- To improve, market or promote Carry’s products and services (including the Service).
- To communicate with you, including about the Website, Services and/or the App or your account.
- To alert you to product upgrades, special offers, updated information and other new products and services offered by Carry or its third party partners.
- To respond to comments, questions or requests for customer service.
- To display promotions, including promotions from third parties.
- For fraud prevention and security related reasons as required by law.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose we may describe when you provide the Information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Information We Share
We share your Information:
- With drivers to enable them to provide the Services you request. For example, we share your name, photo (if you provide one), average user rating given by drivers, and pickup and/or drop-off locations with drivers;
- With other riders on your ride; and with other people, as directed by you, such as when you want to share your ride with friends or family;
Carry may disclose Information, including your Personal Information, to third parties in the following circumstances:
- To our agents, vendors or contractors that we use to support the internal operations of our business including the Service, the App and the Website and who are required to keep the Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- With third parties with whom you choose to let us share Information, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate;
- If required to do so by law, comply with legal process or to comply with a governmental or regulatory request;
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Carry or its agents or contractors;
- To enforce our Terms of Service or other Carry agreements;
- To act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Service, the App or the Website or the public; and
- As part of a transaction or potential transaction where Carry merges with another organization, files for bankruptcy, or sells its assets or capital stock.
When you request to join a ride, we will provide the following Information to the driver: your name, phone number, ride details, and Location Information so the driver can fulfill his ride and communicate with you about the ride.
Accessing and Correction Your Information
You can review and change your Personal Information by logging into the Services and visiting your account profile or settings in the App or Website, as applicable depending on your user classification. You may also send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your any social interactions through the Services, copies of such social interactions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other users of the Services. Proper access and use of information provided on the Services is governed by our Terms of Service which can be found at www.carrycarpool.com/tos.
Security of Your Information
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards designed to protect the Information provided to us or collected by us. These safeguards include storing your Information on our secure servers behind firewalls and using encryption technology. We do not store your credit card Information, which is stored and processed by our third party payment processor vendor, currently BrainTree. Despite the actions and precautions we take, no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of the Information provided to and collected by us and you acknowledge and agree that you transmit such Information to us at your own risk.
Third-Party Websites, Services and Technologies
The Website, the App and the Service are not designed or intended for children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect Information from children under 18. If you believe that we may have collected Information from a child under the age of 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
Notice to California Residents – California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident and have provided us with Personal Information, California law requires that we provide you with a summary of your privacy rights under the California Online Privacy Protection Act (the “Act”) and the California Business and Professions Code. As required by the Act, we will provide you with the categories of personally identifiable information that we collect through the Website, Services, and the App and the categories of third party persons or entities with whom such personally identifiable information may be shared for direct marketing purposes at your request. California law requires us to inform you, at your request, (1) the categories of personally identifiable information we collect and what third parties we share that information with; (2) the names and addresses of those third parties; and (3) examples of the products marketed by those companies. The Act further requires us to allow you to control who we can and cannot share that information with. To obtain this information, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the phrase “California Privacy Request” in the subject line. When contacting us, please indicate your name, address, email address, and what personally identifiable information you do not want us to share with third parties. Please allow thirty (30) days for a response. Also, please note that there is no charge for controlling the sharing of your personally identifiable information or requesting this notice.
Data Security and Limitations
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. The Information provided by you is transmitted through and stored on secure servers.
The safety and security of your Information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website, Services, and/or App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of Information over the Internet or any wireless network is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted through the Website, Services, and/or the App. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
You agree that we are not responsible for: (i) any disclosure of your Personal Information made by you to a third party through your use of the Website, Services, and/or the App; (ii) any disclosure of your Personal Information obtained illegally from us; or (iii) any accidental disclosure of your Personal Information made by us.
Users from Outside the United States & No Rights of Third Parties
Information Choices and Changes
We may need to communicate with you about the Service and the App, and we would like to make certain commercial offers available to you from time to time. As such, you consent to receive commercial messages (whether by phone, email, text or push notifications) from us or our third party partners, and acknowledge and agree that your primary phone numbers and email addresses and other information may be used for the purpose of initiating commercial messages. We will allow you to opt-out of receiving commercial messages, but in order to stop receiving any messages from us whatsoever (including administrative messages regarding the Service or messages that are primarily about transactions enabled via the Service), you will need to terminate your account.